Thursday, August 12, 2010

Top She & Him Songs (According to Me)

She & Him is one of my favourite bands, and I had the pleasure to see them in concert 2 months ago. Let me just say that yes, they sound even better live! So who makes up the She and Him of the band?? Well, She is Zooey Deschanel. The cute & quirky indie actress who you may remember from Elf and (500) Days of Summer. And the Him is M. Ward. An amazing indie folk rock god! He is actually how I stumbled upon this band.

M. Ward and Zooey met after he provided the score for her film The Go-Getter (it's a decent film, nothing special). They did a duet for the film and she mentioned to him that she wrote her own songs. Well, he gave a listen to some of her songs and just so happened to like them. And thus, She & Him was born! 
They have already released 2 albums and I look forward for the next one. Each album consists of a mixture of covers and original songs by Zooey. Here is my list of the top She & Him (original) songs:

1. Black Hole
 
This song sounds so cheerful and it sounds as if Zooey is smiling while singing. But if you listen to the lyrics, it ain't so cheerful. 

2. Change is Hard
 

Such a sad song about trying to move on when you see and ex with a new woman. Love it.

3. Thieves

Another sad song that pretty much is signifying that a couple knows that their time together is nearing an end. 

4. Take It Back

 
Wow, I sure do love these sad songs. This song is one of my all time favourites and it is very sad. It kind of is related to an earlier post I did.

5. Home

I actually didn't like this song at first but it really grew on me. 

6. Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?

This one has an official music video, but I decided to include a special video they made with Marc Webber featuring JGL. It's super cute and the song is wonderful.




Now, I do realize that most of the songs I listed were from Volume 1 but that doesn't mean Volume 2 isn't as good. In fact, Volume 2 may even be a better album as a whole, but I just like the individual songs better on Volume 1. Regardless, go get their albums now (and while you're at it, check out any of M. Ward's stuff, love that man). 


Here's a bonus video from their song 'In The Sun', it's super cute:




No comments:

Post a Comment