Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bad Friends


This is something that has been bugging me for awhile. Try and see if any of the following apply to you:
  1. Do you find yourself to be the only one who makes any attempts to hang out? Like you are the one who is expected to make the arrangements or it doesn't happen? 
  2. Do your friends bail on going out because the place you are going to is not "their scene" even though they don't know what the place is like?
  3. Do you find yourself no longer getting upset when a friend bails on plans because you've come to expect them to bail more often than not?
  4. Do your friends think that your interests are weird or juvenile yet they like shit like fucking Twillight?
So how many did you get? Well, if you're me, you answered 'yes' to all of the them. 
What does this mean? Well, it means that you have a bad friend. Don't get me wrong, they do have some redeeming qualities, but after a while, these things start to really eat away at you. Unfortunately for me, I have a lot more of these types of friends than I would like to admit. Fortunately, I have been able to realize that they are bad friends.


So how do I deal with this? Well, I probably would be best off confronting them aboot it. But since there are soo many of them, that would just take a long time to do. So, what I've chosen to do instead is just stop making plans with them. If they don't put an effort into the friendship, why should I? So instead. I have forcused all my attention towards my good friends who treat their friends in the same way that they want to be treated. 


It's strange though. I would have thought that by avoiding these friends I might feel a little lonely, but, quite frankly, I feel much better and more free! This was actually a pretty big step in the reinvention of Selena (more on that in the future). 


Okay, I'm gunna go hunt down some beer now and sit out on the patio with the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment