Thursday, August 12, 2010

Awkward Encounters With An Ex


Anytime you run into an ex it is somewhat uncomfortable and awkward. Even if you are on good terms with them, there is still a bit of awkwardness involved (especially if they'ves seen you *gasp* naked!). I'm usually pretty good aboot keeping things neat and tidy after breakups. It's not to say that I hang out with exes, I just am really good at avoiding them or being oblivious to the fact that they are in the same room as me. But what do I do if they see me and decide they want to talk. Well, then I am very good at making things awkward. How awkward you ask? Well, very.

Let me run this completely hypothetical and in no way real situation by you. Let's say that the two people happen to run into each other at the mall.
Guy: "Hey! Long time no see!! How are things going?"

Girl: "Ummm, pretty good. Just doing some shopping, how are you?"

Guy: "Really good actually! Are you still at Waterloo."

Girl: "Hell yeah!! Last year and then I'm off to the unknown! What aboot you, you still at Mac??"

warning! the awkwardness is aboot to begin

Guy: "I am, but I'm taking the semester off."

Girl: "Really? How come?"

Guy: "Honestly...I'm kinda getting married and I need to work full time to make some cash?"

Girl: "Married? Wow! I uh never expected you to get married so young!"

Guy: "Yeah, it just kinda happened."

Girl: "What do you mean? You didn't knock the girl up didja? Hehe...."

*most awkward silence ever*

Girl: "Okay! I really have to get going! Congrats!!" -speed walks into the closest store


Moral of the story: please watch what you say around me! I will probably find the worst thing to say in the situation and actually say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment