Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Me & My Laptop Woes

February 2009 I bought a new laptop. I needed something that had a shitload of battery life and wouldn't destroy my shoulder lugging it around. I sauntered down to Future Shop and ended up with a beautiful LG!

 This thing was amazing. It worked wonderfully and was sooo pretty! I dubbed it as my baby and it always treated me right. Or so I thought...



February 2010, exactly one year from when I bought my LG. It dies!!! I bring it into Future Shop and since I got the extended warranty they say they will fix it for me. Aboot a week later I get my LG back and they tell me all that needs to be done now is to reinstall the whole fucking OS. Whatever. Done. This should be the end of my troubles right? Wrong. somewhere along the way a driver for the battery didn't install. Even when on battery power my laptop would say that it was plugged in. I thought that I would be able to find the missing driver on the recovery discs or maybe the interweb. Nope. Nothing. Sooo I took my baby back into Future Shop.


A couple days later I got a call from Future Shop saying that my laptop was fixed and ready to come home. I was thrilled. But just before I took my baby back home I told the cute tech boy that I wanted to make sure that the problem actually was fixed. Lo & Behold! It wasn't. So they took my baby away from me AGAIN and told me that this time it would have to be sent away to get fixed. This would be at least 2 weeks away from my laptop, not acceptable!!! So I had to get a loaner computer for the time being because my other computer (my big ass one) wouldn't cut it.


2 months later Future Shop call me. I am super excited!! My baby is back!! Not really. They couldn't fix the problem. And they don't have any other LG's. So I get a replacement laptop of equivalent value, but a different brand. Well, I settled on a Samsung model which looked almost exactly like my baby. But something always felt wrong.


I am not particularly fond of this laptop mainly because I hate the keyboard. Sometimes when I type it doesn't register that I pressed some of the keys because apparently I type too fast. So I have to be very forceful and deliberate with my typing. Also, it will randomly switch to the alternate characters on the keyboard without me turning this function on. Luckily these items are fairly minor.


Sunday evening this week. My fucking keyboard craps out! For some reason, some of the keys would double type. At first I thought some debris may have been caught underneath the keys so I quickly popped off the 'm' key (I have taken keys and replaced them on many computers before). Nothing was interfering with the key. Well, when I went to put the key back on, it wouldn't pop all the way back in. You have got to be fucking kidding me!!! Frustration!!


I decided that I was going to have to bring the fucker back to Future Shop to get this fixed. I turned it off overnight and slept a terrible sleep. When I awoke the next morning I decided to check things out again. Huzzah! The double typing had been resolved...magically. But I still had the issue of my 'm' key being off. So once again I took a trip out to Future Shop. I told them aboot the double typing and showed them the keyboard. I thought that maybe they would just put the key back in and check things out. No go. Looks like they have to send it out because some 'wiring maybe loose'. 


So here I am, once again, typing away on a loaner laptop. I have the shittiest luck. It's weird though, I kinda hope that I have to get this laptop replaced,but I know it probably won't need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment