Monday, August 16, 2010

Very Very Boring Days

There are some days when I cannot figure out where all the time went. Not only that. but I can't even remember what I did during the day. That was today BTW. I know I went to Walmart and ate schnitzel, but I don't recall much else. So, I guess I essentially just floated through my day on automatic mode.


Oh yeah, I remember one thing I did. While surfing the interweb today I came across a story aboot a prof who got thrown out of a Starbucks (it can be found here). To sum up what happened, this prof was a bitch and was rude to the Starbucks staff over a freaking bagel. All the barista asked her was if she wanted cream cheese or butter on her bagel. She wanted it plain, but was too rude to say either 'plain' or 'neither'. Really? How hard is it to specify? She mentions in the article that when you go to a burger place you don't need to specify what you don't want on the burger. What?? What the hell burger place is she going to?? Pretty much every single burger place has a few set ingredients on EVERY burger and if you DON'T want a topping, you need to tell them! The only place I can think of that doesn't do that is delicious, delicious Harvey's, but that's only in Canada. 


Obviously this women is just a bitch who was looking for attention and a fight. And really, more often than not, I will take someone else's side over Starbucks (Tim Horton's is faaaar superior in every aspect). I hate people, especially ones like this. That's kind of like a phone call I got at work a two weeks ago that went like this:


Me: ...How can I help you?


Phoner: Hi, you have a shampoo on sale this week for blonde hair.


Me: Oh yeah, the John Frieda.


Phoner: Well, I just wanted to know, how stupid do you think people are?


Me: What?


Phoner: I mean, your sale price is the regular price at Walmart.


Me: I am not quite sure what your point is. I don't make the prices.


Phoner: In fact, all of your items are more expensive than Walmart 


Me: Okay, that's Walmart. Like I said, I don't set the prices here, if you're unhappy with that, shop at Walmart.


Phoner: Well, I just thought that you should know that all your prices are way higher. *hangs up*

Seriously? What the hell was the whole point of this person phoning into my store. All she called in for was to complain over something that was completely out of the power of anyone who works at my store. Yes, we are more expensive than Walmart. but we are also a smaller store and we are Canadian (100%). Talk aboot just being a lonely old hag with nothing better to do. The only place that complaint would have been appropriate would have been is she called into head office, not to a random freakin store. 

That's part of the problem of being a supervisor, if customers have complaints, too often I am the last line of defense (management is not always there) so I get to deal with the crazies! Luckily, I am tough enough to take the abuse and I am witty and quick enough to shut them down (and out!). Unlike a bunch of my coworkers, I have magical bitch powers that help me not care what the customer says when they are trying to intimidate me (or others).  

Okay, I should try to get to sleep because I haven't really slept in two days and I really should...(no I have not been kept awake due to sexy reasons, unfortunately). I need to stop just laying in bed and thinking. This brain will not shut off! At least it won't shut off until it starts getting light out...maybe, I am a vampire! The only acceptable types of vamps are Buffyverse or True Blood ones. 

Speaking of vamps, I just remembered the Are You Afraid of The Dark episode where Nosferatu come out of the movie screen. FREAKY. While looking it up I came across a few other creepy episodes and all the memories came flooding back (Eerie Indiana style). But that's for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment