Monday, August 16, 2010

Sleep


Sleep is a funny thing. I don't want to succumb to it, but when I do I don't want to stop. I can generally function quite well when I get very little sleep, but at the same time, I might just be thinking that I am functioning well. If that doesn't make sense it is because I am sleep deprived while writing this. 


One of the reasons I try to rebel against sleep is that I tend to get my best ideas just before bed and I seem most productive after 10pm. Once again, however, I could just be incorrectly perceiving this. 

Something that I am interested in is dreams though, and what do you need to do to dream? Sleep. So once again I have to give in (BTW, I did love Inception, but my interest in dreams came to me many moons ago). I tend to have very vivid dreams and I am fortunate enough to be able to remember some in great detail. I find the whole concept of dream dictionaries to be full of it. I've tried to interpret my own dreams before and really, they just make no sense. I am pretty sure that my dreams are pretty much just there to entertain myself while I sleep.
For example, I recalled this dream that I had aboot a year ago and recounted it to some coworkers. It would probably be considered the 3rd or 4th best dream I've ever had (my Matt Damon dream is #1 and my Ryan Reynolds/Ryan Gosling one is #2 and one of my JGL is either #3 or #4).  So just to recap the dream:
  • I publicly insulted a little kid (very publicly, like at a concert in front of everyone)
  • I went to a train station where I started to fight 2-3 people. 
  • Obviously I won the fight and each and every blow I delivered felt awesome.
  • I once again encountered the little kid, and this time I fought her (and won)
  • Last, but not least, I had the best and juiciest steak ever.

This is such an awesome dream because I get to be a bitch, fight people and eat a steak! Awesome!


One thing that tends to be consistent in my dreams is that there is usually me being violent (at least 1 fight every other night), and as a person, I have a lot of anger so I guess I am able to release my violence in dreams. But if this is true, that I can release what I am truly like in my dreams, then what does my dream from the other night mean? The other night I essentially was slutting it up with everyone and everything. It was actually kind of awesome, but does this mean that I am a repressed slutty person? Maybe.


That's another thing, when I am sleep deprived, late at night, I ponder things like that. In fact, my ponderings are often quite weird and result in a lot of people thinking I am undernthe influence of some drugs. Nope! Just sleep deprivation-induced genius. Well, I guess I should try to get some sleep now. Hopefully I'll have a dream where I get to fight things and JGL makes a sexy cameo.

No comments:

Post a Comment